Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Wedding Bells

Day 10: A Song You Want Played At Your Wedding  and J (Mayer Hawthorne)

Well, up until I was about 16, I wanted Chaka Kahn "Sweet Thing" to play at my wedding :) HOWEVER My moms said that would be a "no-no" b/c the song is about adultery... I didn't believe her.  I was naive, "I would love you anyway, even if you cannot stay" <<<< I thought the man was going to work .... CLEARLY in retrospect i see he's going home to his wife o_0 can't have that playing at MY wedding :(

Soooo the more I matured, I decided Faith Evan "If I had One Wish" Will be played (and if i can afford vocal lessons, I'll be singing it to my husband) I agree with EVERY word in that song coincidentally, I'm not currently in love w/ any1 BUT when I do fall in love.....

If I had one wish, boy
I'd wish you next to me
And it could be in summer, fall or spring, boy
'Cause you make my heart sing
I wanna give my heart, my soul, my love to you
Oh baby
'Cause every day I'm not with you
I'm missing you like crazy
I need for you to...

(Chorus)

I need for you to love me (love me),
hold me (hold me), touch me(touch me)
Down deep in my soul, and never let it go
Of the love we share, no one compares to you
I'll never let you go 'cause I really love you so
Oh I...
I'll never let you go, oh no
PART II:

Today's Letter is J

About 2 year ago, my friend (Jessica) invited me to a concert on Franklin St and she mentioned names I'd NEVER heard before but she said she knew them for Detroit & promised they were good sooo I was down!  


I was one of the BEST concert I'd EVER attended! Jamal Bufford went on stage 1st (far right) w/ Dj 14KT (beside me) and RIPPED it, great delivery, great structure, told great stories and I was beyond IMPRESSED!

THEN

This White boy in a cardigan and jeans stepped on stage (in my head I was RET TO GO)... He started singing and I was HOOKED sooo I present to you ... "Just ain't gonna work out" by Mayer Hawthorne

No comments:

Post a Comment