Monday, June 13, 2011

Jesus is my homeboy? + D


Day 4: Your Religious Beliefs

* I tend to be a little radical sooo let me preface this by saying ... Yes, I may come off a little "harsh" and it's MY reality ... I don't have a heaven NOR hell to put you in ... these are just my beliefs...*
 
I often quote this b/c it pretty much simplifies my religious beliefs>>> (i don't know who the author is though) "I would rather live like there is a God and die to find out there isn’t than to live like there isn’t a God only to die and find out there is."

I'm NOT the one you'll find w/a COEXIST bumper sticker on my car NOR and I "down" with the philosophy that "All gods are the same" ... When I refer to "God" it's with a CAPITAL G, NOT to be confused w/ Allah, Buddha, Jehovah (Witness), etc

1)  Salvation
John 14:6(NIV): Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.
--- Pretty much self explanatory, which is why I believe you should confess your sins, repent, and get SAVED (cc: Romans)

2)  Baptism - I think baptism is 1 of many ways that confirms faith 
a) Jesus was baptized by John the Baptist .... this is the #1 reason I think you should get baptized
b) I've never been baptized and I was so about to "get her done" like a month ago HOWEVER I lowkey punked out lol BUT rest assured, I'm planning for it while I "Fast, Pray, Leave"

3) Speaking in Tongues (this 1 is touchy lol) = Baptized in the Holy Ghost (Spirit) for the new age
a) I think it is another 1 of the many ways to confirm faith
b) it's a gift ... all you have to do is receive it ...
c) With that being said, I've never spoken in tongues BUT it is something I want to do :)

4) Tithe/Offering
a) Pay your tithe = Blessed Financially ..... Don't pay your tithe = Cursed Financially .... simple right?
b) For those who have comments regarding the pastor ... I don't care if my/your pastor drives a Bentley, has a 5 car garage, has 3 vacation homes .... doesn't matter what the church does with the money, it's about your blessing! God said give Him 10% that's YOUR responsibility ... the way the Church handles your 10% is between THEM and God ....


Things about me:
- I was in a Christian private school from kindergarten until 4th grade 
- I LOVE The Bible .... like later on in life I really want to go 2 Theology school .... 
- I'm ALWAYS down for some verbal jousting soooo if you wanna talk about my beliefs ... let me know



Today's Letter is D
*I'm actually going to do a secular and a gospel song only b/c today was about Religious beliefs lol*



Gospel: "Don't Cry" by Kirk Franklin ... i <3 this song 



Secular : The runner up was "Doin' It" (LL Cool J) BUT I settled w/ Deja Vu (Lord (no pun intended) Tariq & Peter Gunz)




 

No comments:

Post a Comment