Monday, December 6, 2010

The Process

2 Sunday's ago I was in the shower at my friend's house and I was telling her how much I NEEDED to go to church that day.... as I began to say "I NEED A MIRACLE form God TODAY", I caught myself....

I felt convicted because:
1) When I apply for a job, I EXPECT to go through an INTERVIEW PROCESS
2) When I make a payment online, I EXPECT for the bank to PROCESS my payment
3) When I take a standardized test, I EXPECT them to PROCESS my score
4) When I apply to school, I EXPECT to go through an application PROCESS

HOWEVER, when I ask/elicit/want/beg  for a miracle/blessing/favor/etc from God... I DON'T EXPECT to WAIT or go through a PROCESS... I WANT IT NOW!

I realized in that moment that I often PIMP God b/c I often only think of Him as a LAST resort! I lean on God after I've done ALL that I can do and I need Him to FIX IT (QUICKLY)!  I turn on my gospel playlist to show God that I'm serious and as SOON as He does whatever it is I've asked for .... I'm back to Lucifer (ye and hov song). 
What I want is the "while on other's tho art calling, do not pass me by" God... I don't care for the "if you're luke warm I'll vomit you out" God.
So I'm a PIMP .. I want God, when I WANT God, and when I don't want God, I don't WANT God, and I want a God that understand that!

In other areas of my life, I don't mind waiting because I know it is a PROCESS but I expect God to be a magician and fortunately sometimes He does show up exactly when I "need" Him BUT in the times He hasn't ... I've realized that maybe He's trying to show me that I can't pimp him! He should run my life when things are going great and when they are going bad because it is a part of the PROCESS of being a Christian.  I can't call myself a disciple of Christ when I only pray when I feel like it OR when i "want" something...

So I said all that to say: being a Christian is a PROCESS and just like with other things in life where we HAVE to go through the PROCESS before we can get an answer/job/education/score/etc.... same goes with God... stay faithful DURING the PROCESS THEN you can POSSESS the BLESSINGS that come along w/ the PROCESS!

2 comments:

  1. I love this one! Everything you said was so true and I think at times because of the fact that we feel we are in "relationship" with God we expect him to do and give us everything we ask for without doing much on our part. We love him no doubt, but a lot of times we take for granted the fact that he will never leave us or forsake us so even in us ignoring him he will be there. But one thing I've learned, we can want things all we want but if we don't include God in the planning of a thing, he won't be present when it comes forth and if we don't do our part we are silly to think that he will just hand out miracles and blessings. The process continues in us all....

    ReplyDelete
  2. "we are silly to think that he will just hand out miracles and blessings" ... that was a sermon!

    ReplyDelete