Wednesday, December 15, 2010

17 outta 30 :) WWJ (Job)D?

Day 17- Someone you would want to switch lives with for one day and why

I juggled between wanting to switch with: Oprah, Donald Trump, Bill Gates, (Mainly because I want to FILTHY RICH$$$$$$$) Jesus (Noble effort),  Maya Angelou (PAID writer), Langston Hughes (great legacy + he's a que and a great writer) 

BUT I decided upon *****insert drum roll***

JOB (not mon-fri job BUT Job in the Bible)

Why: 
When I go through trials/tribulations in life I often identify most with Job.  (I have a friend who read like a chapter of Job a night as well... s/o to MaTekia --- Who is also NOW BLOGGING ... check her out at http://unapologeticallymek.tumblr.com/ <<< ok shameless plug over)

****Back to Job****

1) I would be pissed if I was Job b/c most 'saints' quote Job when they feel like God has forsaken them "thou He slay me, yet will I trust Him"  But in all reality they may have gotten their refund check late, ran out of gas, got a flat tire etc, something that DOES NOT count as God "forsaking" you.  So I partially chose Job as an ode to his struggle, to actually see/feel/smell what he experienced. God hand-picked him to "spar" with the devil and for that i think he deserves a lil switch-a-roo for a day :)

2) I want to be Job: To instill some more character, humility, patience, forgiveness in myself.  To dull my sense of entitlement, selfishness, spolied-ness, and judgmental attitude.  I figured if I can survive ONE DAY at the literal "hand of the devil" then i have NO REASON to complain about my life, family, and especially health.

Extra Links:

1) Bible Gateway to reading the book of Job: http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Job+1&version=NIV 

2) If you don't want to read he whole book here's the main points in the book of Job: http://www.foundationsforfreedom.net/References/OT/Poetical/Job/Job00_Overview.html

1 comment: