Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Day 24 ... Dear Mama - part 1

Day 24- A letter to your parents

****This blog made me dig WAAAAAAY within to figure out exactly what i wanted to say and how***** 
I decided to break this blog down into 4 parts to each of my 4 'parents': my mom, my grandma, my biological father, my step father.

Part 1

Dear Mama:


First of all, Thank You! Thank You for making the decision to keep me... you were 20 years old and just beginning life and you chose my life over pursuing you own personal hopes and dreams!  Thank You for not holding that against me and not reminding me everyday of the sacrifices you made to keep me :)

"And all my childhood memories, Are full of all the sweet things you did for me, And even though I act craaazy, I gotta thank the Lord that you made me" - 2pac

Second, I'm sorry! You paid for me to go to acting/dance/art classes and I disappointed you by wrecking my chance at acting .... :( We could have been rich right now, if i would have gone w/ Maya A. rather than Barney :( Though you'd probably never admit it, i know that I've disappointed you and haven't lived up to the standards that you raised me to live by and i apologize.  I should have graduated by now and I'm sorry that you aren't able to tell people your daughter graduated from UNC-Ch ... I'm working on it mom!  Sadly, it probably won't be on mother's day like i had imagined, it'll probably be December BUT I'm sure that won't matter lol just that i finally have the degree! 

"Forrest Gump mama said, life is like a box of chocolates, My mama told me go to school, get your doctorate, Something to fall back on, you could profit with, But still supported me when I did the opposite" - Kanye

Third, I Love You!  I Love You more than life itself and i know i don't tell you as much as i should BUT I LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  You taught my perseverance - I remember seeing you work 2 and 3 jobs to make ends meet.  You taught me how to make it through a struggle - i didn't know we were poor when we ate mayo between 2 crackers... BUT i now know how to struggle and make the best of it!  My favorite thing you taught me was personality... I'm sarcastic, because of you! I'm funny, because of you! I'm full of personality, because of you!  I love you for everything you are, for everything you aren't and for everything you made me!

"Mama I just want you to know lovin' you is like food to my soul"- Boyz II Men

Lastly, of course there are things about both of us, memories we have made that haven't been so good BUT what's most important is that we're in this together!!!!!


"I wish I could take the pain away, If you can make it through the night there's a brighter day, Everything will be alright if ya hold on, It's a struggle everyday, gotta roll on, And there's no way I can pay you back, But my plan is to show you that I understand, You are appreciated" - 2pac

1 comment: