Monday, February 14, 2011

Neka Talibah Sutton ... Day 1

I woke up Feb 13, 2007... running late! I normally watched the news so i could see the weather before class.... i skipped that step today.
I was at work study ... Moneika calls/text to see what I'm doing , we concluded we should meet up for dinner (nothing abnormal)
Shortly after... Kisha calls and decides she's going to dinner with Moneika and I (not abnormal)
Shortly after that.... Brittani calls and says she too will be coming 2 my room after we get back from dinner (abnormal)

After i got off at work study, we went to B'Ski's, then came back to HJ North ...
I see Moneika take a call and say "we almost got her there", i go in my room, everybody is sitting around and I'm like let's play family feud .... they all looking around at each other (awkward turtle) They rushed me to eat ... i took a bite of my ski
(as i was chewing my phone rang)
it was my mom .... i answered and said i was busy, and hung up.  My mom calls back, i don't answer, and my friend's tell me to answer .... I'm confused *still chewing*
(I answer the phone)
My mom said "i have something to tell you..." (she's crying) I immediately think "who died".... she says "neka was killed this morning" ... *i spit my food out*
I ask "is she ok? which hospital is she at? Where's Maya? Where's Claudette?" (not realizing killed = dead)....
I tell her there must be some mistake .... she told me it was on the news
I tell Moneika to turn on the tv .... *she turns to the news.....*
I see a helicopter circling Neka's house and saying 24 year old Nneka Wilson was found dead this morning ... they showed a note written in her blood *i became sick*
I told Moneika to turn off the tv ... *she turns it off*

I break down.......it's the kind of hurt when you just want to vomit.... you want to make the world stop b/c EVERYTHING is spinning.....I cried like i had NEVER cried.... i kicked my door, broke the plastic on the back of the door, couldn't make it to the room at the end of the hall .... my friends came and got me out the hallway... i screamed and i yelled..... only to realize an hour later .... my cousin wasn't coming back.....

http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/1203107/

No comments:

Post a Comment