Thursday, July 7, 2011

Day 13: part 3: Letter to siblings ...my big sister

13) Your siblings (write a letter)
(as usual, the letters always tend to end up being the blogs I have to dig deep
within so I'll be writing 3 letters 1st to my lil bro, then my lil sis, 
then to people I consider siblings :) (i'll add the letter M to the last letter)
  
To Darla B.
Thank you, 

You've been there for me since I was 13 years old. My big sister, 10 years later and you're STILL in my corner despite EVERYTHING we've been through! You've been there for me when my own family wasn't there.  You've been there financially when I was going to be homeless, you've been there to dry my tears when life left me heartless.  I've now matured into a woman and you still treat me like i'm 13 lol BUT I appreciate it!  If I want an honest answer, I will always know who to call :)


I can't say Thank You enough for pushing me to give and do my best, you were in the audience during my first high school play, in the congregation when I was the early bird speaker, twice, in the stands when I graduated, in the courtroom when I had to go to honor court, twice... Thank You! 


Also thank you to your family, ya'll invited me in for thanksgiving, Christmas & even family reunions... when I had no definition of family, you all redefined it and I'm forever indebted to you; THANK YOU
As I go on this date with destiny in Iowa, I thank you for pushing me!

A sister can be seen as someone who is both ourselves and very much not ourselves - a special kind of double.  ~Toni Morrison

No comments:

Post a Comment