Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Day 13: Letter to siblings part 2: To a PEACE of my Heart, lil sis

13) Your siblings (write a letter)
(as usual, the letter always tend to end up being the blogs I have to dig deep
within so I'll be writing 3 letters 1st to my lil bro, then my lil sis, 
then to people I consider siblings :) (i'll add the letter M to the last letter)
 
I was 10 years old and they told me I'd be a Big sis....AGAIN -______________- 
i guess NOone noticed my reaction to having a lil bro smh 
So now I not only have to share w/ Niran BUTTTT 
now I have the change diapers again, make bottles, 
and did I mention that I have to SHARE again
 (I'm not good at sharing, lol). 
But on June 18th I was the most excited kid in the world, 
I got a call that my mom had a baby and it was a girl :)
Alafia (yes, like funga alafia, ashay ashay) but it means ... PEACE
 Since that day, things haven't always been peaceful. 
Being 10 years older than you, I was your mom! 
Even now, I see you as a little me, my kid!  Much like with Niran, 
I despised you too, b/c I promise you 
got EVERYTHING you wanted and to this day, If I want something.... 
if I can get you to want the same thing then I know we'll have it o_0 BUT that's 
what happens when you're the youngest -_-
 
 
Anyway, what you don't know is that YOU INSPIRE ME.  You push me to be smarter,
work harder, read bigger books, study longer b/c YOU ARE SOOOO smart! 
You placed in the 90 percentile in Math & English in Wake County. 
You place SECOND out of 75 kids in a NC State Chemistry class! 
You are everything I was too scared to be:
compassionate, caring, sharing, selfless, and more importantly, 
you put other's above yourself. 
You ALWAYS think of ME. 
 
I am HONORED to be YOUR Big sister! 
No matter what we've been through you've ALWAYS been
 sooooo easy to forgive And without you I NEVER would have learned to true definition of LOVE.  
NEVER give up on yourself! You are the BRIGHTEST 13 year old that I know :) 
Follow your heart, go to Yale, go to Princeton, go ANYWHERE (except for Dook)
and no matter what it looks like, NEVER GIVE UP! I BELIEVE IN YOU!
I believe that all the tears you've cried will NEVER be in vain! 
I believe you will accomplish EVERY goal you set for yourself. 
 
 
 I left Niran in charge of taking care of everybody while I'm gone
BUT I leave you in charge of LOVING EVERYONE: 
my momma, my grandma, Claudia,
Maya, Naja, Matthias and  Niran (and coffee) *and yes I did say Love Niran too* 
You express love so easily 
and have no problem being vulnerable.... 
So I challenge you to Hug them, Kiss them, Tell them you Love them
EVERY TIME you think of Me! Love yourself until you love ALL the hurt away :) 

Love, Your Big Sis,
Sade

2 comments:

  1. No words just more and more tears......my pillow is soak and wet...........
    Warn me next time, so I can have my Sham Wow ready. "( "( "(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Sade, I love you too.
    If it wasn't for you; I wouldn't have great grades.
    You inspire me.
    I love you more than I can say.
    You will always stay in my heart <3<3<3 =)
    Alafia

    ReplyDelete