Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Brother Dear ... Pt.1

13) Your siblings (write a letter)
(as usual, the letter always tend to end up being the blogs I have to dig deep
within so I'll be writing 3 letters 1st to my lil bro, then my lil sis, 
then to people I consider siblings :) (i'll add the letter M to the last letter)
 
Niran,
I remember when I was told I'd have a little brother ... 
I was SOOOOOOOOOOOO excited!!!! The prospect of being 
able to take care of a baby made me TOO happy .... 
THEN I realized ... 
hey,this baby won't be a baby forever -_- 
so that means I HAVE to share with him, 
babysit him, watch after him, protect him, 
and be a "good" example -__________- 
that's NOT what I signed up 4
 

I didn't know how to love you and often I despised you b/c no matter what YOU did, I got in trouble!  I felt
like I got pushed to the maximum and our family just let you skate by.... you could do no wrong and if you did
there was always someone there to make an excuse for you.  But the more I grow up, I realize, I despised you b/c I despised MYSELF.  Once I came to this reality, I figured out how to love you as my brother  but by that time.... I was moving out the house, I'm sorry 0_o.
 Then one day I came back home and you had a deeper voice & WAYYYYY taller than me.  When I left for school, you listened to me, you emulated me, you looked up to me ... when I returned, you were different.  I no longer saw you as my son... you were my brother. 








I Love you lil bro, I see the man that you will be if you are patient and give yourself a chance!  You remind me SO much of myself, you're charismatic, you easily makes friends, resilient, and protective of your family!  You WILL overcome EVERY statistic that's been placed on you b/c you are a black man! You will defy ANY generational curses! God has His hands on you and with maturity I KNOW you'll turn out a hansom gentleman.  BUT know that no matter who old you get, how tall you get, you will ALWAYS be my little brother!





P.S. While I'm in Iowa... you, sir,  are in charge! Take care of my momma, my grandma, Claudia, Maya, Naja, Lafi & Matthias (and coffee)! Don't do ANYTHING your Big sis wouldn't do :) and yes I'll be keeping tabs on your senior year of high school while I'm in a different timezone!  I'm going to Iowa, not only to make my life better for myself, but for you & your future :)

Love, Sade

1 comment: