Tuesday, November 8, 2011

The Deal

I sat here lamenting b/c I'm not going to be able to be in NC for my birthday (Nov 23rd) and Thanksgiving :(  I've NEVER spent a birthday away from my family & friends and I'm going through A LOT of separation anxiety.  Having a birthday dinner ALONE, makes me feel lonely.....

THEN I snapped out of it!

I reflected on where I was my last birthday.  I had my "Jordan Year (23)" and had NOTHING to show for it.  No degree, no "real" job, living paycheck to paycheck, drinking to soothe my pains, and praying that I could live a better life.  Praying that I could be a better person and provide for my family.

THEN I was presented with an opportunity...

To go on a quest, like the greek and roman gods, a quest to become who I'm supposed to be.  Leaving my sheltered world and meeting new people, seeing new places, & finding Sade.

I took the opportunity

Opportunity Cost: (I hated Econ 101 BUT I remember this lesson vividly) "The opportunity cost is also the cost of the forgone products after making a choice. Opportunity cost is a key concept in economics, and has been described as expressing "the basic relationship between scarcity and choice".The notion of opportunity cost plays a crucial part in ensuring that scarce resources are used efficiently.Thus, opportunity costs are not restricted to monetary or financial costs: the real cost of output forgone, lost time, pleasure or any other benefit that provides utility should also be considered opportunity costs" (Wikipedia). 

What does it all really mean?

I begged God to change me and change my situation.  He did!  I accepted His blessing.  I'm not doing "great" by any means BUT I'm networking, growing my financial portfolio,& expanding my resume.  So I'm doing BETTER than I was a year ago. 

He did His part BUT with blessings comes growth & maturity.  And there is ALWAYS a price to pay.  I accepted this price when I took "The Deal"  BUT living with it is totally different.

Anyway, I wrote this blog to let ya'll know, I am NO LONGER going to lament about not being in NC for my bday, Thanksgiving or anything else.  I'm where I'm supposed to be, ALONE.  On a journey to the depths of Sade.  I miss ya'll & I know ya'll miss me BUT what I'm gaining out here is far more than what NC had to offer me- I'm growing up!

No comments:

Post a Comment