Monday, November 1, 2010

Challenge Day 6

*** before I begin, I'd like to apologize for forsaking you DURING Homecoming lol ... had a BLAST in case you were wondering :) P.S. - you'll be forsaken again around Nov. 23 ... my bday :) ***

Day 06- Favorite super hero and why

Well, I choose Hancock because he is an excellent example of vices + virtues = superhero.  Most people think of Superman, the X-men, Batman etc as their fav superhero. I prefer Greek mythology gods and Hancock because their nemesis wasn't a person BUT THEMSELVES!!!!! Much like Hancock, i often am my own worst enemy and if I can deal with my inner demons then the true superhero in me can shine through.  Also, i really fell in love with Hancock as a character because of the way people treated him... the public only acknowledged him as an alcoholic and saw him as more of a problem than a superhero and i KNOW exactly what that feels like! People wonder why the only side of Sade they see is the drinking, party going, ready 4 whatever - side (I think that was part of the shock when i said i wasn't going out for homecoming .... that's just not in my character) BUT that is because "NO ONE" knows the reflective, sensitive, emotional, side of me.  They want me when they want me but when they are done .... they are done. So i certainly identify with Hancock and hopefully soon I'll be able to win my inward battle so the Super Sade can Fly!

1 comment:

  1. Good choice! Girl you really analyzed Hancock. Haha. My superhero choices are going to be way shallow. Prepare thyself!

    ReplyDelete