Thursday, May 5, 2011

My Eyes Upon the DISTANT shore...

This last Sunday I visited my cousin in Greensboro and when in Greensboro, i make it my duty to go visit/hear Apostle/Prophet/Dr/Pastor/Kevin Williams :) One thing I can say about this man of God is that he ALWAYS has a word that is IN SEASON for my life. So I'm just going to share with ya'll a couple things he said/preached that were applicable to my life in hopes that something will bless you too :)

He began by talking about vision.
Habakkuk 2:2 And the LORD answered me: “Write the vision; make it plain on tablets, so he may run who reads it.
Dr. Williams said "A life that DOES NOT have VISION, becomes RECKLESS and UNSUCCESSFUL"
A vision is designed to keep you (me) in a boundary; to keep you (me) in check!

What does this mean for me? 
I often used to say I'm going to have a "Reckless summer", "Reckless night", "Reckless party" and i often LIKE to participate in "Reckless activities".  As soon as this sentence left Dr.Williams mouth... i was CONVICTED.  <<<< THIS might explain why i've done sooooo poorly in some classes at UNC; I didn't follow the vision (syllabus)  i came/went to class when i felt like it (Reckless) and then got a D when I needed a C (Unsuccess...FUL)!

See, I've been crying all weekend wondering WHY i am still in undergrad when so many of my peers have moved on, graduated, working on masters, doctorates etc and i'm STILL in Israel (college)??????


Prophet Kevin Williams also stated "You can't HOPE into success, you have to PLAN"

So here's my plan:

1) I'm putting up motivational quotes ALL over my room, my bed, AND my ceiling so that i don't get distracted by tv, twitter, facebook etc... the FIRST thing i'll see in the morning is a reminder of my goal!

2) Realizing my weaknesses: (I was once told by Darla (my big sis) that "Sade you talk a good game BUT your follow-through is the problem") ... she was RIGHT lol

 a) Procrastination: although I do work better under pressure, this isn't proper planning so i'll be trying my HARDEST to complete assignments BEFORE the last minute!

 b) Sense of Entitlement: I feel like people (professors) OWE me something!  I feel like i'm entitled to a study guide for every test, a warning before a quiz, a reminder about papers/test/etc BUT in reality i'm NOT entitled to anything more than what they give me!

c) Actually studying: I'm cocky and i think i know EVERYTHING ... so WHY study if I already know the information? ughhhh b/c I really don't? (nah that thought never dawns on me until the last minute) So this go around, i'm going to DO BETTER! I'll be setting aside "study time" and actually mute my phone and study!

3) Taking honest introspection and swallowing my pride and asking for HELP if i am failing in one of these areas.


I don't know how long it will take BUT as i've been doing, I will weather this (UNC) Storm BUT what I do know is:

I know He'll lead me safely to that blessed place He has prepared
But if the storm don't cease and if the winds keep on blowing in my life
My soul has been anchored in the Lord.

1 comment:

  1. Thank YOU, HOLY SPIRIT for giving SADE YOUR SPIRIT of discernment.
    Thank YOU GOD for my child.
    Thank YOU for the New thing YOU are doing in her life.

    HALLELUJAH HALLELUJAH HALLELUJAH!!!

    JESUS, YOU are the PRINCE of PEACE
    Our JEHOVAH JIRAH!!!

    JESUS, please continue to cover her with YOUR BLOOD, provide her with YOUR Mercy, Grace, Love, Joy and Peace.

    I Love YOU
    I Bless YOUR HOLY Name
    I Worship YOU

    YOU worthy to be Praised
    YOU are an Awesome and Righteous GOD
    YOU are GOD Alone.

    My GOD......My GOD.......My GOD......JESUS........JESUS.........JESUS

    ReplyDelete