Wednesday, May 18, 2011

"I ain't too proud to beg"

Soooo I'm going to tell ya'll what's going on in HOPES that me talking thru a positive method like blogging will help me hold on to what little sanity I have left!  I've been trying to handle this UNC business on my own strength BUT i'm at my whits END...

I owed UNC $1300 and I paid it down to $280

I federally defaulted on a loan (b/c the paper was being mailed to the wrong address) so I owe $1,880 on that in order to be able to go to school in the USA (b/c it's a Federal matter)

I have to pay for my own credit hours (b/c I'm not meeting the GPA requirements ... b/c they are taking into account my WHOLE tenure at UNC-Ch .... I've been here 6.5 years -_-) which are $200 per credit hour in the summer (cc: http://summer.unc.edu/faqs ) so a full 2nd session = $1200 

... *I'm not even gonna get into the cost of the fall*

So all that adds up to = $3360 ... anybody have Oprah on speed-dial so she can sponsor my education for a summer/year?

I've applied to several scholarships at
( http://www.fastweb.com/college-scholarships/scholarships?page=2 )

I applied to the Student Emergency Fund at UNC (and they denied me 0_o ) ... which to me is kind of a slap in the face since I've raised over $90,000 for this GREAT university .... but who am I ?

I applied to private loans BUT my credit + lack of a full-time/salary job has ended in DENIAL

What's the point of this blog?
a) to vent my frustration 
b) So you can tell your rich/wealthy/royal/ friends and family!!!!!!!!!! 
(it's a shot in the dark BUT i rather tell the world and NO ONE respond than to tell NO ONE and this stress eat me alive)



Why do I think I'm a good investment?
1) I already have a SALARY job lined up for post-graduation soooo i can def  pay it back after a year +
2) I'm on 30 hours away from graduation aka 2 semesters (i'm SOOOOO close BUT YET sooo FAR)
3) There's NOTHING that I want more ... I BLEED Carolina blue, I've been a Tarheel from BIRTH (see pics below)
4) I'm a REALLY hard worker I'm getting at least 30 hours a week at my job and I have no problem picking up a side hustle (like babysitting) while working towards my degree. 

Soooo if you have ANY ideas/avenues/people/foundations/scholarships/grant people you think I NEED to contact to get some help OR if you know someone (who's looking for a tax write off) and they just need my paperwork etc,  i can get you ANYTHING you need ... PLEASE comment, e-mail me (uniqsade@email.unc.edu), call me, text me, smoke signal me ... i'm down for ALL legal options b/c this degree will mean SOOOO much for me and my future!
 




No comments:

Post a Comment